Welcome to KENDA Europe Bicycle. We are a team dedicated to making KENDA bicycle tires and tubes available for riders across Europe. We live and breathe tires for almost every kind of two-wheeler, from road bikes, gravel bikes and mountain bikes to electrical and cargo bikes.
What drives us is to give riders everywhere an exhilarating journey – from the entry level rush to the pinnacle of premium. In order to provide Europe with high-performance tires, we partner with OE customers and distributors to help define excellence on every road and trail.
To develop the further growth in Europe we are looking for a
SALES DIRECTOR, BICYCLE EUROPE (m/f/d)
Preferably based in Germany, Belgium, or Netherlands.
As our new Sales Director Europe you will own, execute, and develop the defined KENDA Bicycle strategy to match market and manufacturing capabilities for the Bicycle business in Europe
- Take the lead and responsibility to develop closer co-operation with European accounts in alignment with KENDA Bicycle Europe and KENDA global Bicycle.
- Personally drive strong development into major OEM accounts across Europe and align global accounts with KENDA Group.
- Extend the Aftermarket presence in Europe making KENDA Bicycle tires available for end consumers through a well-established distributor and dealer network with a multi-channel approach.
- Develop the sales organisation in Europe to the next stage, ensuring good solid coverage in Europe.
- Generate annual volume and profitability growth.
- In close cooperation with the Bicycle Marketing team, develop a firm plan to achieve high brand awareness for strategic markets and strategic products, that will drive growth.
- Through aligned initiatives, ensure strong support to overall KENDA brand awareness in Europe and Global.
- Through an innovative mindset, challenge the existing range, offerings, distribution, and service levels to develop KENDA´s bicycle business in Europe.
- Identify potential gaps in product line offerings, as well as improving existing product range in alignment with key stakeholders such as other sales resources and marketing within the global KENDA Bicycle organisation
- Identify potential improvements in service levels to establish a closer business relationship with existing accounts, as well as opening new business opportunities.
- Use and strengthen available systems, improving transparency within our business development process
- Develop strategic initiatives to maximize the use of established KENDA distribution centers across Europe.
- Participate in global sessions and actively contribute to the development of the KENDA Bicycle business for a sustainable and long-term growth plan, as well as ensuring good alignment back into the European strategy.
- Relevant business qualification, preferably from the Bicycle industry, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Commercially focused, creative, confident, self-driven and innovative, able to find the right solution and have technical flair.
- Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies and track record of delivering profitable growth.
- A good tactician with a strategic mindset.
- Good analytical skills, capable of analyzing data and able to use data for justifying decisions.
- Capability/ experience in working without a Product manager, understanding that Commercial also plays a significant role in collecting market/ product data to feed into a long-term development plan with other Key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close, through multiple channels and using multiple sales tools, and capable of understanding, the need for and usage of marketing as a key support function to drive and improve sales.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to develop and optimize team performance who work across Europe.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Open and fast learner that is hungry and resourceful about learning and using new information and skills.
- Professional and international mindset, with experience and ability to work with different cultures.
- Fluent in English (prof. business level) - other languages such as German or French will be an advantage.
What we offer:
As a part of KENDA, we are more than a local team – we are a global force. KENDA is one of the world’s leading tire manufacturers and has since its bicycle tire beginnings in 1962 grown to become a global brand operating across Asia, the US and Europe with more than 12.000 employees, 10 tire factories, 6 wheel factories, 3 technical centres and a global network of operation and distribution centres.
KENDA offers you a comprehensive salary package including fixed and bonus components, individual development plan, company car, business kit (laptop, mobile phone, credit card, fuel card, travel insurance) and a voluntary pension scheme.
Please send your CV and application letter to our executive search partner BIKE BUSINESS HUB using the application link.