Our client is an internationally well-established cargo bike brand. For the further development of their products our client is seeking for a motivated and talented industrial
Senior Designer and Product Developer (m/f/d)
who is passionate about consumer-facing product creation.
The responsibilities will encompass all aspects of the design process for numerous elements of their product line up and/or accessories and their industrialization (in collaboration with their Asian based team). You will be challenged to design quality products that are high performing, production ready, meet costing requirements, and are widely valued by riders.
As a product developer, your number one purpose is to enhance the overall riding experience. You will participate in rider research, concept planning, design refinement, and production support. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional design, problem solving, communication, and visualization skills, and can excel in a multi-functional and global team culture.
- Follow and manage the Product Development process in collaboration with the rest of the design team
- Define aspects of form, geometry, aesthetics, mechanical parameters, fit, function, end user interface, and meet defined expectations for product features, cost, manufacturability, and production schedules
- Communicate concepts, developmental work, and finalized design solutions by methods meeting the specific needs of each project. Communication formats can include, but are not limited to, artistic renderings, CAD models, physical models, multimedia presentations, and written reports
- Create BOM and product specifications
- Initiate and direct the development of models and prototypes to test and qualify key product characteristics, manufacturability, and aesthetics
- Prepare and present new product concepts, internally and externally as needed
- Maintain a working knowledge of material and process technologies applicable to new product development
- Communicate effectively with teammates, internal and external resources to ensure new product development success
- Ensure proper development of the products with factories and suppliers
- 5+ years of post-graduate, professional design experience
- Bachelor's degree/diploma in Industrial Design or Product Design
- History of successful bicycle, product design and industrialization
- Proven ability at solving complex design problems with simple and elegant solutions
- Proficient in all phases of product development: research, ideation, sketching, concept refinement.
- Solid understanding of the manufacturing process
- Good mechanical and structural aptitude, plus knowledge of various materials and their associated manufacturing processes.
- Experience with bicycle supply chain and Asian production (Europe supply chain is a plus)
- Experience with soft goods and accessories
- Experience in managing production teams and contractors
- Experience in designing products for women a plus
- Competence in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, Google Suite, Project management software (Asana)
- Strong sketching and 2D communication skills
- 3D modeling skills & digital Sketching - Sketchbook Pro skills are a big plus
- Self-motivated and ready to take the initiative to get things done
Our client offers you the perspective to manage the whole process from design to the production of their bike product range. You will receive a comprehensive salary and the opportunity to work in an international environment.
If this challenge appeals to you, please send your CV, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.